Training Class: Programming a D-Wave Quantum Computer
The goal of this programming class is to expand attendees' understanding of quantum computing as implemented on the D-Wave System. Labs are integrated into each module, and attendees will have access to both simulators and a live system located in Canada. It is recommended that attendees have a Master’s Degree or higher in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Math, and Physics or equivalent, or has demonstrated experience implementing algorithms in C/C++, Matlab, Python, etc.
This lecture/lab format will provide information on the D-Wave quantum computer system. There will be two separate instructional components. During class you will learn:
- about the hardware and software environments for a D-Wave quantum computer
- how to solve and think about problems on a D-Wave quantum computer
- methods of programming a D-Wave quantum computer
- to use tools and run problems on a live D-Wave quantum computing system
- to download and use our qOp tool package and discuss applications ideas
Virginia Tech Research Center @ Arlington, 900 North Glebe Rd in Arlington, VA 22203.
December 13th 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
December 14th 09:00 am - 5:00 pm
There is a $350.00 fee to attend, which will include a light breakfast available at 8:30 AM, and lunch mid-day on both days.