There are two things that set us apart from anyone else, our one of a kind quantum computer and our exceptional people. Employees of D-Wave include some of the world’s leading scientists. Our people work on high-impact technology that will help to solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
DevOps Systems Engineer
Location: Burnaby, BC
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave’s systems are multi-disciplinary in nature spanning physics, algorithm design, mechanical engineering, software engineering, cryogenics engineering, low noise analog and digital electronics, conventional computer networking, and a low magnetic field environment. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave 2000Q, is built around a novel superconducting quantum processor designed to exploit quantum resources known to offer large computational speedups on several types of problems. The D-Wave adiabatic quantum computer is able to sample from probability distributions and optimize functions that are computationally intractable using classical hardware. D-Wave Systems are currently being used by customers such as Lockheed, NASA and Google. D-Wave has appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
As a DevOps Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the support of D-Wave’s development environments, production environments, and monitoring infrastructure. You will work alongside D-Wave's processor engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers, and IT team to maintain, and ultimately help re-architect, deploy and scale key components of D-Wave's internal systems, monitoring systems, and DevOps infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and maintain our development environments; help support our production environments
- Fine tune D-Wave services for high performance
- Develop and implement a centralized deployment and management system
- Design and implement world class monitoring and disaster recovery capabilities for our development systems
- Perform software maintenance, configuration, and deploy updates for internally developed systems and out of the box applications
- 5+ years of experience in configuring, deploying, administering, and troubleshooting Linux environments including Ubuntu and Red Hat
- Understanding of the architecture, security and performance of Unix/Linux systems
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing performance of NFS and/or other distributed file systems
- A minimum of 3 years of programming and scripting experience, eg. Python, Bash, Ruby
- Ability to automate system administration tasks
- Experience in working with software developers and maintaining software development tools
- Understanding of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing, HTTP
- Familiarity with Cisco networking and security hardware
- Familiarity with Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions, e.g. Centrify
- Familiarity with revision control systems for source code eg. Git, SVN
- Experience with virtualization and related tools, eg. VMWare, Amazon AWS, Docker
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- The flexibility to occasionally work evening and weekend hours
Exceptional candidates will have experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience selecting and integrating monitoring hardware and sensors
- Knowledge of key network management protocols such as SNMP, ICMP and Serial communications
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.