There are two things that set us apart from anyone else, our one of a kind quantum computer and our exceptional people. Employees of D-Wave include some of the world’s leading scientists. Our people work on high-impact technology that will help to solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Senior Software Developer
Location: Burnaby, BC
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave is building hardware with the goal of computing as fast as nature will allow. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave 2000Q, is built around a superconducting quantum processor and is currently available to customers such as Lockheed-Martin, NASA, Los Alamos National Lab and Google.
Position: Senior Software Developer
D-Wave is looking for a software developer with excellent computer science fundamentals to join our application development technologies and tools team. You’ll be focused on developing and open sourcing software to let people use the quantum computer. No prior quantum physics is required, you’ll learn on the job how to make use of this bleeding edge technology.
Here’s what makes this role awesome:
Challenge: You’ll work on hard, unique, interesting problems. Never a dull day!
Connection: We’re planning on open sourcing these tools, so your work will be seen (and used!) by programmers around the world.
Impact: You and your team will lay the groundwork for the future of programming quantum computers.
- Full lifecycle ownership of software projects from design to support.
- Supporting the open source community and D-Wave customers by maintaining open and closed source software.
- Working closely with technical project managers and researchers to implement versatile solutions to tricky problems.
- Participating in architectural, design and product discussions.
The skills we’re looking for:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science and understanding of a wide breadth of computer science fundamentals
- Familiarity with the community and conventions of open source projects; significant contributions to open source projects would be an asset
- Excellent C++ and Python abilities or a deep understanding of how similar languages function under the hood
- Experience end-to-end on software projects: from architecture to implementation to documentation
- Effective technical communication skills: you’ll need to work 1-on-1 with our clients and internal teams
- Demonstrable mastery of a technical subject that you’re passionate about
- Ability to write clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.