This lecture/lab format will provide information and a hands-on experience programming a D-Wave quantum computer system. The goal of this class is to expand attendees' understanding of quantum computing as implemented on the D-Wave System. Labs are integrated into each module; attendees will have access to a live system located in Canada.
During class you will learn:
- about the hardware and software environment for a D-Wave quantum computer
- how to solve and think about problems on a D-Wave quantum computer
- methods of programming a D-Wave quantum computer
- to use tools and run problems on a live D-Wave quantum computing system
- about customer prototype applications and discuss your application ideas.
Class begins at 09:00 ending at 17:00 ET on both February 20th and 21st, 2019. The class will be held on the 3rd floor of Secure Offices, 7467 Ridge Rd, Hanover, MD 21076
There is a $500.00 fee to attend, which will include a light breakfast available at 8:30 AM, and lunch mid-day on both days.
System Requirements: Participants are asked to bring their own device to class. Devices need to be set up prior to class with a 64-bit operating system (Windows, MacOS, or Linux) with Python 3.6 or 3.7 and pip installed. A program for editing code such as Vim or Visual Studio Code will be needed.