Technical Support Specialist
Location: Burnaby, BC
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work daily, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave’s systems are multi-disciplinary in nature spanning physics, mechanical engineering, cryogenics engineering, low noise analog and digital electronics, conventional computer networking, and a low magnetic field environment. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave 2000Q, is built around a novel superconducting quantum processor designed to exploit quantum resources known to offer large computational speedups on some problems. The D-Wave adiabatic quantum computer can sample from probability distributions and optimize functions that are computationally intractable using classical hardware. D-Wave Systems are currently being used by customers such as Lockheed, NASA and Google. D-Wave has appeared in Time Magazine, MIT Technology Review, Forbes, INC Magazine and Wired.
D-Wave is looking for an exceptionally passionate and versatile Technical Support Specialist to help us tackle new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. In this role, you’ll be joining a team of smart, passionate engineers who care about going above and beyond to help people use our quantum computers.
In this role, you’ll be the go-to person for D-Wave’s customer needs by providing front line user support for all D-Wave's user-facing tools and technologies. Initially, you’ll primarily support our online and Leap users: https://www.dwavesys.com/take-leap and as you grow, we’ll get you involved with our customer field systems too. In this role, you’ll use your excellent problem solving and communication skills to understand customer issues and work with our internal science teams to resolve them, while building your own corpus of knowledge.
This is not a role with a how-to handbook, but you’ll have the support and knowledge of the whole company at your back.
What You'll Do Here:
- Developing a broad knowledge of D-Wave’s software tools and how to use them
- Triaging, troubleshooting, escalating, and/or providing resolution to customer support requests
- Reproducing, documenting and escalating issues to the appropriate internal team
- Identifying commonly asked questions and contributing to knowledgebase articles, FAQs and demos for our customers based on this content
- Contributing to system improvements
- Occasional travel to customer sites for installs, upgrades and maintenance.
What You'll Bring
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science or a related field
- Awesome problem-solving skills, ideally with some experience providing technical support
- Experience programming, ideally in Python, with experience debugging someone else’s code
- Experience with Linux
- Must be willing to work flexible hours during busy periods
- Willingness and ability to travel on occasion (~10%)
- Ability to obtain US work authorization
- Maintain conduct that will not jeopardize the ability to maintain required security clearance or to work on-site with highly secure and sensitive customers, which may include a background check
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.