There are two things that set us apart from anyone else, our one of a kind quantum computer and our exceptional people. Employees of D-Wave include some of the world’s leading scientists. Our people work on high-impact technology that will help to solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it takes to ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave’s systems are multi-disciplinary in nature spanning physics, mechanical engineering, cryogenics engineering, low noise analog and digital electronics, conventional computer networking, and a low magnetic field environment. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave Two, is built around a superconducting quantum processor and is currently being used by customers such as Lockheed, NASA and Google.
As a Web Developer at D-Wave, you work on a small team and can switch projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
The work is challenging, fast paced and always changing. Strong analytical skills, unwavering commitment to quality, collaborative work ethic and cutting edge coding skills are all necessary. You work independently on projects, but also incorporate feedback from team members and users across the organization.
· Work closely with project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to tricky web development problems.
· Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
· Provide front-end coding expertise for the team.
· Continuously refine web user interfaces to improve user experience.
· Research new standards, libraries, and frameworks.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
· 3 years of experience in software development; in-depth experience developing numerous web-based applications.
· Web application development and cross-browser platform experience.
· Experience in software development as well as with developing web-based applications.
· Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
· Experience with a scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
· Experience with server-side web frameworks such as Django, or Ruby-on-Rails.
· Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.