There are two things that set us apart from anyone else, our one of a kind quantum computer and our exceptional people. Employees of D-Wave include some of the world’s leading scientists. Our people work on high-impact technology that will help to solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it takes to ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave’s systems are multi-disciplinary in nature spanning physics, mechanical engineering, cryogenics engineering, low noise analog and digital electronics, conventional computer networking, and a low magnetic field environment. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave Two, is built around a superconducting quantum processor and is currently being used by customers such as Lockheed, NASA and Google.
As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As a Software Engineer you are the go-to person for D-Wave’s software needs, providing front line user support for all of D-Wave's internal development tools and technologies. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems (like OS X, Linux, Windows) and a range of programming languages.
• Work with service owners and software engineering team to plan and implement service and application upgrades and changes.
• Support IT infrastructure related projects, such as server upgrades.
• Provide support for production systems.
• Continuously improve monitoring system, identify and implement new monitoring points.
· Support internal development environment.
• Provide Tier 2 user support.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years’ experience in Python, C, C++
• Experience with various operating systems (Linux, Mac, and Windows).
• Extensive knowledge of Linux environments performance troubleshooting and packaging - Debian RPM.
• Web servers, database management systems configuration
• Experience with VMWare
• Knowledge of Bash
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
• Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking and communication skills.
• Expertise in deploying and supporting complex, distributed applications in Linux environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.